EXPERIENCES

DATE : 22-10-11 15:26
[EXPERIENCES] Interview with a Vietnamese Family
 WRITER : EGACADEMY
VIEW : 213  

Hello, this is Taka, your Japanese manager!

Compared to the pre-Corona period, there is a tendency for more parents and children to study abroad with their families this summer. Let us interview a Vietnamese family who came to study abroad before the peak of summer.

What is the purpose of your study abroad?

Child: I came to study abroad to improve my IELTS score as I will be studying at a high school in Australia.

Mother: I wanted my children to be in an English-learning environment because English will be useful to them in the future.

2. Why did you choose the Clark area and EG?

Mother: I had never heard of the Clark area, but I was looking for an IELTS school in an area that was convenient to the Manila airport, and an agent recommended EG to me.

3. What do you feel you have gained after studying in Japan?

Child: My IELTS test technique and listening skills

Mother: I remembered the English I learned as a student, and I believe my overall skills improved as a result.

4. The Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying in the Philippines.

Disadvantages:
- I cannot communicate well with staff other than instructors or with the general public when I am out of town. 
- English skills are not high for those who do not work in an English-related field. 

Advantages:
- The fact that there are no Vietnamese staff in an environment where one's native language is not used at all is an advantage, because you will learn in an environment where you are constantly exposed to English.
- The quality of the English teachers is high, and their teaching styles are good. 
- I appreciate that the price is low for a high-quality study abroad environment. 

5. What do you wish you had done before coming to Japan?

Child: I think it is important to get used to speaking English and not be shy about it.

Mother:  Vocabulary is important for beginners. It is good to learn as many words as possible.

6. How did you learn outside of class?

The light in the room was a little dark, so I basically studied at a nearby café. I also did the homework assigned by the teacher. I wish I had a room light.

7. Do you have any plans after studying in the Philippines?

Child: I will prepare for the IELTS test and study in Australia.

Mother: In Vietnam, there are few schools that specialize in English, and online classes have an image of poor performance because it is hard to hear the sound, so I will look for an environment where I can learn IELTS and prepare for the learning environment.