EXPERIENCES

DATE : 23-06-16 10:51
[EXPERIENCES] Vietnamese student's review of EG language academy - (ESL, 4-week course)
 WRITER : EGACADEMY
VIEW : 151  
Hello! This is EG Academy!

We have received a valuable review from a Vietnamese student who attended EG Language School!

Below is the review of an EG students who studied at EG Language Academy for one month. 
(Please note that some parts of the content have been translated.)

Hello, everyone!
After returning to Vietnam and spending several days enjoying Vietnamese cuisine, satisfying my hunger and embracing my loved ones, I am now writing a review for everyone about the programs I attended at EG Academy Language School. The program I enrolled in was a short-term English training program aimed at improving communication skills in English over the course of one month and boosting confidence in using English for both work and daily life. The programs I studied had their strengths and weaknesses, but overall, I believe they were suitable and worth experiencing at least once. Therefore, I would like to share a few lines of review to help spread awareness of the program and reach more young people. Of you are in your youth, such as high school or college, I believe this course or program has the potential to bring about significant changes or opportunities in your life.

Reasons for choosing EG Language School!
This year, I turned 30, and considering my age and profession, I tend to be quite selective when it comes to making choices or engaging in new activities. So, at the beginning of 2023, after several years stability, I felt the need to do something different. Particularly, after experiencing the impact of COVID-19, I wanted to bring about personal growth, strength, and explore new opportunities for the future. Considering my current situation and needs, I made the decision to take an entrance exam and pursue an intensive master's course that is conducted entirely in English, rather than opting for a short-time program as I had done in the past.

One of the main obstacles I faced in achieving this goal was my listening and speaking abilities. My English proficiency falls somewhere in the middle - not exceptionally good, nor particularly bad. However, my self-confidence has always been low, which hinders my ability to advance in my career. As mentioned earlier, my English usage feels unnatural, and I experience significant shyness when communicating and interacting with foreigners. Moreover, my listening and speaking skills are not up to standard. Therefore, I decided to prioritize improving my ESL (English as a Second Language) skills.

After evaluating the costs and gathering real reviews from friends who had returned from studying abroad, I sought advice from a study abroad agent and ultimately chose the Philippines as my destination. Here are some criteria you might consider: 

1. Location
The location of EG Language School is neither too close nor too far from Manila. I specifically wanted to avoid overly crowded cities, such as Cebu. Safety is also a top priority for me, making it my number one criterion. The city where the school is located is peaceful, allowing me to focus on studying, relax, and enjoy a pleasant weekend. Additionally, choosing this location helps me save a significant amount of money since I don't have to take two domestic flights from Manila to another city.

2. Service
The EG Language School provides great convenience within in the school district. All students can enjoy a safe and focused environment on campus. Moreover, the school offers convenient services for meals, laundry, and cleaning. Each country group is assigned a student manager and a manager to provide support. Students have the opportunity to engage in activities such as swimming and sports to pursue their hobbies. Overall, I am very impressed with the school's services, especially when comparing it to my own student days.

3. Curriculum and Teachers
During my time at the school, I enrolled in an ESL course. They also offer various other programs, such as IELTS preparation for employment or university admission, as well as Business English for professional purposes. However, the ESL program focuses on practicing everyday conversation skills. Although one month passed by quickly for me, if given the opportunity, I would have liked to study for a longer duration. 
One notable advantage of studying at the school is the opportunity to learn from native speakers, which greatly helps improve pronunciation and accuracy in speaking. The teachers are passionate  and eager to accommodate students' requests and guide them in the right direction. They are committed to providing quality education and ensuring students receive personalized attention based on their individual needs.

4. International Friends
One of the great advantages of studying abroad programs in the opportunity to make friends from various countries. EG Language School has successfully brought together students from diverse backgrounds. Being here, I have experienced a strong sense of respect and love among everyone. I have met many older individuals who are still dedicated to improving their English skills, as well as young people who have left their families behind to pursue long-term language training goals. It's truly inspiring to witness the diverse group of individuals who have come together at the school.